Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

MCS Sept Creative Kit Projects part 2

Hello friends!

I'm back with part 2 of my layouts created with this months Creative Kit from My Creative Scrapbook kit club.

In case you missed my last post you can find it here, and as a reminder this kit features the Creative Agenda collection from Echo Park.

***

The first layout I'm sharing today is actually one about me! I rarely scrapbook myself but I have been slowly working away on a school album of my school years. The Creative Agenda goodies in the kit worked perfectly for me to add another layout to the album.


I used the 'School' die cut word from the kit as a mask instead of just attaching the die cut to my project. I used some temporary adhesive to attach it to my page and then gave a few good sprays with some white ink.


I attached some the stickers down the side of my Gr 5. Portrait...and check out that background behind me...can you say 80s?!?!?!


I did a little bit more spritzing and splattering of the white ink in the top right corner to add some symmetry.  I love the papers with the days of the week and months of the year on them...perfect for school layouts...and the + signs and check marks...love 'em!


See that white cardstock that looks like it is torn from a book? or maybe I used an edge punch to get that look? NOPE! I just made it myself. I punched a line of circles down the edge of the paper and then made a little snip in the paper from the edge of the paper right into each circle...easy peasy!


***

I'll tease you a bit with my next layout. I'll share a pic of it with you but I won't be sharing any details right now. But please check back later in the month if you are interested in how I put this layout together. I'll have a step by step tutorial to share :)




***

My last layout has more of a boyish feel to it. I love that the Creative Agenda collection worked so well for boyish and feminine layouts.




I used the trick I mentioned above for making your paper look like it was torn from a coil book again on this layout.


I cut a strip of the camera paper to make a border below my photos. I loved how the little blue camera sticker was the exact same size as the camera on the paper so I just stuck it over top. A little cluster of stickers, buttons, and papers made a nice focal point.


These little word stickers in the kit were fun for making your own sentiments 


 Just another little cluster of stickers to create a visual triangle of embellishments on the layout.


Well that is all for this kit, I look forward impatiently until the next one arrives!

I hope you were able to find some inspiration.

If you are interested in finding out about the MCS kit club you can find all the details and see past kits here! And don't forget to check out the DT Gallery while you are there for a TON of great inspiration for each kit.

Have a great day
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment