Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

MCS July Creative Kit projects-Part 1

Welcome!
If you are familiar with my blog you will probably know by know that I love bright colors and bold patterns in my layouts. So the July Creative kit from My Creative Scrapbook was perfect for me!
 
This kit features the DIY collection from Simple Stories, and some fun wood veneer shapes and a stencil from Studio Calico.
 
This month fellow MCS DT member Sandi Clarkson and I had a little fun by swapping photos and scrapbooking two layouts for each other. She works with the Limited Edition kit and I just adore her shabby chic style, I just don't know how to do it myself so the trade was the perfect idea.
 
Today I want to share with you the two layouts I made for Sandi.
 
The photos on both layouts by Magnolia Adams Photography were so gorgeous I decided to print them in a large format to make them the focus.
 
 
I layered one of the fun sentiment stickers on top of a wood veneer.

 
There are so many awesome word and sentiment stickers in this kit! I made a cluster of them to create a focal point in the bottom right corner of the layout.

 
This little man who is about to become a big brother had the sweetest smile on his face I just had to frame it!
 
There was a large blank space in the photo above the boys head so I placed the alpha stickers directly onto the photo to create my title.

 
***
 
My second layout for Sandi just focused on the beautiful shot of Mom and Dad.
 
 
I love this little cluster of words! It is placed just at her baby bump in the photo ;)
 
 
That layer of scalloped black ribbon is the edge of the ribbon that comes in the kit, I just tucked it under my papers so that only the lacey edge shows.
 
I layered some stickers and papers with the wood veneer....

 
and created a title by adding alpha stickers to the large ampersand piece.


Thanks for coming by today! I'll be back in a few days with a couple more layouts! 

For information about our kits, visit HERE. And to see what the DT did this time, go visit our GALLERY. You're sure to be inspired. 
 
Also, If you want to see what Sandi did with my photos, head on over to her blog here.
 
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment