Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My JUNE Kit projects from My Creative Scrapbook.

I am so excited to be a part of the Creative Kit team at My Creative Scrapbook and I'm thrilled to show you how I used my June kit.
 
First up a layout of myself. This layout was inspired by a layout by Wilna Furstenberg that you can see here.
 
 
I had fun using the little camera stamp that comes in the kit. I stamped some with black ink and some I stamped with Versamark and then embossed with white.
 
 
 
I added a few of the Heidi Swapp epoxy stickers as finishing details and created my title with the black glitter Thickers.
 
 
Now this kit has a travel theme to it and I have to say that it stumped me at first. My family doesn't do too much traveling so I don't have many pictures to suit the theme. Instead of scrapbooking my travels, I decided to scrapbook my Travel Bucket List...a list of places I want to be able to travel one day!!
 
 
I love the airplane paper that comes in the kit but this was the only layout I could find a way to use it. It comes in a fun aqua color too. I added the wood veneer globe and popped up the stack of luggage that I fussy cut out of one of the papers to add some dimension.

 
One day I hope I get to check off all of these places!

 
I had fun cutting up all the different patterns in the kit for this layout. I think I might have used them all.
 


 
 
Another boyish layout for my last one...
  
 
I loved the wood veneers in the kit. My little tag with the heart that says 'memories' on it had the word printed upside down....so that if the word was showing the heart would be upside down. In the end this worked out better for me actually, because I realized I could turn some of the wood pieces around to make them more neutral!
 
 
I also did this with the circle with the cut out star. On the other side it says 'travel' which doesn't match my theme. By turning it over I've got a neutral boyish embellishment! YAY!
 
 
So there's my take on the CREATIVE KIT!
 
If you love these kits as much as we do, we encourage you to hurry over to our website and reserve yours before they're all gone. They won't be around for long! 
 
While you're on the website, I hope you'll take a few moments to soak up the amazing inspiration of the rest of the team in the design team gallery.
 
Have a great day!
~Becky
 

 

 

 

 

2 comments: