Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SOUS card sketch: Sept 19-Oct 2

Hello friends!

Today is another card sketch reveal day at Stuck on U Sketches. This sketch comes to us from the oh so talented Leah Schaeffer.
and here is my take on the sketch
 
I cut a few of the patterns in the Prima Almanac collection into strips for the background. I wanted to keep this card neutral so I only used kraft, white and black. I layered a real doily with a stamped doily. I love the look of white embossing powder on kraft paper. I added the chipboard bird that my dear friend Katie gave me from her stash (I love the embossing on it), and the sentiment from Unity Stamps which I thought went really nicely with the bird.
 
 Supplies used: Patterned Papers-Prima;  Cardstock-Stampin Up; Doily Stamp-October Afternoon; Sentiment stamp-Unity Stamp Co; Embossing Powder-American Crafts; Doily-My Little Yellow Bicycle; Chipboard bird-Michaels; Button-My Minds Eye; Misc-hemp string, lace ribbon, embroidery floss.

This sketch challenge is up for the next two weeks. I hope you will play along and link up your card at SOUS for a chance to be featured in our Top 3!
 
Have a great day
~Becky

15 comments:

  1. I love the doily and your lil bird. Such a super sweet card! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning. It is a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you pretty card and the lovely. lace doily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love everything on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! I love all the different layers on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card!! The background is lovely and it matches the doily and stamps so well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just gorgeous! Love the white embossing on the kraft..super sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great vintage feel to this creation. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is fantastic, I especially love that embossed doily!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH... I had to close up the card to see the embossed doily... Love the way it looks. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card, the kraft and white combo is stunning, and the embossed doily is soooo pretty. I love those Prima papers too - must use them... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete