Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Maritime Dies by Lifestyle Crafts

My first assignment as part of the Scrapy Land Fab Four was to create with some of the dies from Lifestyle Crafts/Quickutz new Maritime release. These fun dies were divided up between all of us gals. I got the cute little 2x2 whale and the 4x4 compass.

Lets start with the cute little whale...
I printed the sentiment on my computer since I didn't have a stamp that was appropriate.
I added some bling for water drops above the spray and a googly eye for fun! I love googly eyes :)
Supplies used: Pattern papers: Sassafrass, Bo Bunny, Chatterbox; Cardstock: Bazzill; Whale Die: Lifestyle Crafts/Quickutz; Heart Punch: Stampin Up; Corner rounder: EK Success; Twine: Devine Twine; Misc-button, googly eye, bling, embroidery floss, photo corners.

For my second card I decided to not to go with a water theme. I thought it might be fun for the compass to show a loved one the way home.
 Here are a few tips about how I put this card together: I cut out a circle with my Spellbinders to mat behind the compass. The heart shows the direction for a loved one to go. I added a bit of distress ink to the white letters to dull them down a bit so they fit more easily with the shabby look of the card. The photo corners were originally white so I colored them with a E31 Copic marker to change them to match the card.
Supplies used: Patterned papers: Bo Bunny, Simple Stories; Tags: Girls Paperie; Compass Die: Lifestyle Crafts/Quickutz; Circle Die: Spellbinders. Heart Punch: Stampin Up; Misc: hemp twine, photo corners.

Well, that's all from me for today. I'll be back soon with more to share!
Thanks for stopping by
~Becky

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute, Becky! Of course, now I had to buy those cute dies after seeing your creations!~!!

    ReplyDelete