Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

I had to try...

When Paper Smooches put out a call for a new Sparks Challenge Design Team, I decided to throw my hat in the ring. I participate regularly in this challenge so I went back to some of the older challenges to make my cards. In the end they didn't pick me...what were they thinking?! LOL, but I thought I'd make a quick post to show you the cards I made for my application.  Beside each card pic is a pic of the Sparks inspiration image.

For this card I took inspiration from the colors and the apples.
 Supplies used: Stamps: Paper Smooches; Patterned Papers: Jillibean Soup, Crate Paper, Kaisercraft, Pink Paislee; Cardstock: Bazzill; Misc: Buttons, embroidery floss.

I love the placement of the shapes in this photo as well as the colors. Blue and yellow is such a classic color combo. I used the butterflies instead of the ovals in the inspiration photo, but I got the idea for the butterflies from the few tiny butterflies in the frames.
 Supplies used: Stamps: Paper Smooches; Patterned Papers: My Minds Eye, Kaisercraft, Authentique; Cardstock: Bazzill; Butterfly punches: Martha Stewart, Stampin Up.

This inspiration room is SO FUN! I recreated the pink and white polkadot wall by using white embossing powder with the polkadot border stamp by PS. I added the frog like in the photo as well as a little bit of black...every room should have a little black in it. I finished off the card with some glittery brads to mimic the buttons in the headboard.
Supplies used: Stamps: Paper Smooches; Patterned Papers: Best Creation; Cardstock: Bazzill; Embossing Powder: Stampendous; Twine: Devine Twine; Brads: Making Memories; Scallop punch: EK Success; Misc: button, jewels.

I absolutely loooove this inspiration photo! I have always wanted to own a little VW van (maybe not orange) and who wouldn't want to drive through a tree?!?! I used the woodgrain patterned paper to represent the tree, and the orange circles to represent the van. Since the card had a kind of nature theme going on I decided to add this adorable little owl as well.
Supplies used: Stamps: Paper Smooches; Patterned Papers: Crate Paper, My Minds Eye, Pink Paislee; Cardstock: Bazzill, Xpress It; Markers: Copics; Ink: Memento; Die Cuts: Spellbinders.

This is the one card where I included a stamp that wasn't Paper Smooches (maybe that's why they didn't pick me), but I had this flower from my Stampin Up stash that was perfect for this inspiration photo so I had to use it.  This card was inspired by the colors and the flowers in the inspiration photo. This photo isn't very good, but this card turned out to be my favorite of the group. 
Supplies used: Stamps: Paper Smooches (sentiment), Stampin Up (flower); Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye, misc; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress ink; Twine: The Twinery; Misc: button.

thanks for stopping by,
your kind comments make my day
~Becky

1 comment:

  1. All of these cards are BEAUTIFUL! Such great takes of the inspiration photos. I love your style so much!! I am sure you can win next time :)

    ReplyDelete