Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

CWC: Thank a Teacher Challenge

As a certified teacher myself I know exactly what teacher's work with on a daily basis. Times can be tough with large class sizes and insufficient aid for students with special needs. Teacher's go above and beyond the call of duty every day to help our kids to succeed and they deserve everyone's appreciation. That is why I was so excited to participate in this week's challenge at Cooking With Cricut to make a project to show your appreciation for a teacher.

Another thing I know, is that many teacher's do receive a lot of appreciation in the form of gifts from their students and parents. These gifts can certainly add up over the years and while teacher's do cherish these gifts, they begin to take up a lot of room over time. Because of this I like to give my daughter's teachers a gift card so that they can buy a coffee or a dinner out, or a new book; whatever makes them happy and isn't another little apple that says #1 Teacher!

I made up this little card to hold a gift certificate in the pocket on the front. I was inspired by Tessa's card HERE, I hope I did her design justice. I altered the sweet little stickers on her card so that I could use Cricut embellishments instead.
Supplies used: Patterned Papers: Simple Stories; Cardstock: Bazzill; Ruler border: MME; Stamps: Stampin Up, Unity Stamp Co.; Ink: Palette Hybrid; Twine: Devine Twine; Paper Envelope: Devine Twine; Misc: Button, Embroidery floss,
I cut the apple at 5.5" from the Just Because Cards cartridge. Now that probably sounds really big but the apple is made to be a certain scale on the card so I had to make it 5.5" to be big enough for my card. I had to do a few trial cuts with some scrap paper to get it just the right size before I cut it with my red patterned paper. The little lable that is below the apple is cut from the Storybook Cartridge at 2.25".
I hope you will stop by Cooking with Cricut and play along with this week's challenge. Show some appreciation to a teacher you know. They deserve it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Your kind comments make my day.
~Becky

7 comments:

  1. Becky,
    your card is so cute. And what child does not like a gift card!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Very well put together!!!

    Kimmi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. Love the front pocket idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree after 33 years of teaching. Gift cards are the best!!!! Love your card and really like the paper you used on the apple and the little button apple. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply perfect love the use of the envelope on this, it is the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Becky! Love the papers you chose and the little envelope on the front is perfect for your gift card.

    ReplyDelete